Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Siluva- Where Mary Appeared

TODAY, yes, I'm finally catching up, we saw more churches. And churches are great and all, I mean, no I could never paint a painting of St Joseph that beautifully, and yes, those statues are magnificant, but really, what teeanger is thinking "Oh golly gosh (ohmiiigosh, ohmigosh you guuuys), I really hope I get to see every church in lithuania!! All of my friends will be so impressed when I tell them how many pillars I counted! Oh, Jesus, my bff 5-ever, how I can't wait to reconnet with you!! When I return home everyone will see how enlightened I am with your holiness, and ask me to tell them stories about all of the churches I've seen." whilst waiting for their plane to begin their summer vacation. What they are really thinking is, "Wow. I'm hungry. I hope they feed me on it."

Anyways, so we saw two churches in Siluva, one where Mary supposedly appeared on a rock. She appeared in about 1601 on a rock in an empty field to a "lamb baby-sitter" (story translated by Asta).




























































Look at the nest, in it are very popular birds here called Storks. Reminds me of the nest Big Bird would sleep in.




1 comment:

  1. So many beautiful churches. Thanks! Never saw such a big nest before. So glad you posted. Looks like so much fun. I love the Lithuanian countryside. You are so fortunate so spend so much time there:)

    ReplyDelete

Moo-sic Player